January 31, 2020
From Jena Pitman
Are you looking for a box of chocolates without nuts? NUT FREE RECIPE ALERT.
Are you willing to mix 2 ingredients with a spoon and save a ton of time? This recipe is for our non bakers. We love you just the same. Our team at Good Dee's understands the importance of nut free options. With many of our children and loved ones living with a nut allergy, we have made a variety of nut free baking mixes.
The best part is coming up with creative ways to make dessert while multitasking or sitting on the couch. What can we say, we have those days where our legs don't want to do the things but our bellies disagree.
Grab a mixing bowl my friends...we're about to make some chewy, rich, chocolate truffles.
Here's what you'll need: makes 24 mini truffles or 12 large
1 (2 cups) Good Dee's Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 8 oz block of room temperature cream cheese
Chocolate dip: Follow our recipe for melted chocolate
1/3 cup Good Dee's Chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
(Good Dee's Melted Chocolate Recipe )
1. In a mixing bowl, add your room temperature cream cheese. If you are like me and you sometimes forget to set out your cream cheese. Place in a microwave safe mixing bowl and microwave for 30-45 seconds until softened.
2. Add in your 2 cups of dry mix and mix with a spoon or spatula
3. Your batter should be soft but crumbly. To test, grab a 1x1 inch piece and roll into a ball. It should stay in a ball with ease.
4. Choose your desired truffle size and roll into balls. Place your rolled truffles on a baking sheet.
5. Freeze for 15 minutes
6. Prep your melted chocolate following our recipe
7. Remove your truffles after 15 minutes and roll into your melted chocolate
* You can also spoon your melted chocolate over each ball until covered
8. Freeze for 10-12 minutes and/or until ready to serve
Once removed, allow to sit for 5-10 minutes and enjoy.
Bonus tip: roll your truffles in melted chocolate and top with sprinkles, colored erythritol, candy pieces, chocolate chips or anything your heart desires.
Serve along side some berries or whip cream and you have a decadent dessert with presentation to match.
Comments will be approved before showing up.