Good Dee's Brownie Donuts (Oil free)
There have been a number of requests for us to swap oil for yogurt. Well, we did it and we even went a step forward and made donuts. These Brownie Donuts are NUT FREE, OIL FREE and eeeeasy!
Our standard ingredients call for 3 eggs and a 1/4 cup of oil or butter. We swapped the oil for 5.3 oz of plain yogurt or 1 small container of yogurt. We used the Icelandic yogurt and it will work the same as all the others. This yogurt swap also works for a pan of brownies and many other shapes. What can I say, I love a challenge and what is more of a challenge than trying to hold a donut without it falling apart.
Here's what you'll need:
1 small container of plain Greek yogurt or Icelandic yogurt
3 eggs for cake like donuts
2 silicon donut pans or equal to 12 donuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a mixing bowl, mix your yogurt and eggs until smooth
3. Add in your brownie mix and stir thoroughly
4. Using a donut pan (silicon is best for cleaning) pour in your batter
5. Gently shake your pans to ensure no air is trapped
6. Place the donut pans on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
7. Allow your donuts to cool before popping out
Enjoy these alone or along side some Good Dee's Whipped Vanilla Frosting
This recipe made 14 donuts!
On a Weight Watchers plan? These donuts are 1 WW points a piece.