Good Dee's Easy Thumbprint Cookies
The holiday season is the time to eat all the cookies, while maintaining a low carb lifestyle. We love nothing more than taking a simple cookie recipe and adding one to two ingredients to make it decadent and full of flavor. This recipe is incredibly easy.
We took our Sugar Free Cookie Mix and transformed it into a traditional raspberry jam thumbprint cookie.
A thumbprint cookie is something that I really missed making from scratch. Good Dee's Mix saves you time and provides an easy way to make a low carb, sugar free thumbprint cookie.
We used a local store bought sugar free jam for this recipe but you are more than welcome to make it homemade.
Here's what you'll need:
Good Dee’s Easy Thumbprint Cookies
(makes approximately 24 cookies)
1 package of Good Dee's Sugar Free Cookie Mix
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 beaten egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Sugar free raspberry jam
1 small cookie cutter
Granular erythritol to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix your cookie mix and coconut oil.
- Fold in your shredded coconut and beaten egg until combined.
- Using parchment paper, flatten out your mixture and cut your cookies.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes (or until slightly golden brown).
- Remove and make an indentation half the depth of the cookie and spoon in your jam.
- Bake for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool.