Maple Pecan Pumpkin Pancakes
Is it PeCAN or PeCAHN? Either way, the Fall vibes has us longing for the roasted aroma of pecans and syrup. If we ever get into the biz of making candles, that would be our first one! Ha!
Us low carbers can eat pancakes any time of day. This Maple Pecan Pumpkin Pancake recipe can be made for a morning brunch or a late night dinner/dessert. I'm guessing you glanced at the title and thought it was going to be very sophisticated and elaborate. You thought we would have you out in the woods hunting down a Maple tree to tap? Consider us your elegantly casual baking mix company. We are all about sophisticated flavor, minus the fuss. If you missed the subtle hints, we have syrup now. Sugar free maple syrup! A one stop shop for all your pancake needs. Enough chit chat, friend. Lets get to it.
Here's what you'll need:
1 teaspoon melted butter or coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice seasoning
1/4 cup of heavy cream (reserve to thin batter)
2 tablespoons chopped pecans (topping)
Decide how many pancakes you will be making. This recipe is to make 4 servings. If you'd like to make more, follow the directions on the bag of the pancake mix and double the pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and pecans.
1. In a mixing bowl, add in 1/2 cup dry mix (for 4 pancakes) and all the listed ingredients excluding the chopped pecans and reserved heavy cream. Mix thoroughly.
2. If the batter is too thick, add in 1 teaspoon of heavy cream until thinned. About 3-4 tablespoons. It shouldn't stick to the sides and should have a smoothie consistency.
3. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and make sure it is slightly oiled so the batter doesn't stick. Cooking spray works fine!
4. Pour 2 tablespoons of batter and cook until small bubbles appear and the cooked side is slightly brown. Flip.
5. Repeat until all batter is gone.
Top your pancakes with chopped pecans and drizzle your sugar free syrup!
You could go crazy and top with a dollop of whipped cream.