Good Dee's Cranberry Pecan Scones
Have you been neglecting scones? Confused about them, think they are dry or boring? I have to say that I was on the fence about scones for some time now. As some of you know, I have been working with Deana for over a year and as a Texas girl...I'm just not a big scone gal. Deana has a serious obsession with scones...really. I love a good mug of hot tea and cream and I can get on board with just about anything food related - except scones.
Frankly, I'm just lost as to if it's a biscuit, a cookie or a muffin.
So, I walked the grocery isle looking for inspiration. I knew I wanted to use cranberries and brown sugar substitute. I wanted to go beyond a cookie, sturdier than a muffin and softer than a biscuit.
I decided to give the ole scone another try. Deana's low carb scone recipe is ridiculously easy. All of our mixes are sugar free, so adding your mix in's are up to you.
All you need is a Good Dee's Pancake mix and 1 egg...literally can't get easier than that.
Sadly, I have a confession...
I made this batch of scones with pessimism in my heart. The first smell of these and my heart busted with fall leaves and an invisible blanket of Fall laid upon me. Vivid, I know.
Just make them! Tell yer friends a girl from Texas made 'em and she doesn't even like scones. Tell 'em in an accent too, really set the scene.
Here's what you'll need:
1 Good Dee's Pancake Mix
1/2 cup whole pecans
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Soaking mixture for fillings:
3 tablespoons brown sugar replacement (granular)
1/3 cup of melted butter
1/2 cup chopped cranberries
1. Preheat your oven to 325F
2. In a small bowl, place your sweetener, melted butter, cranberries and mix well. Set aside to soak
3. In a mixing bowl, add your package of pancake mix and 1 egg and mix well. It should start to crumble and combine. Keep working it in, using your hands might be better
4. Using a spoon, remove your soaked cranberries and pour 1/2 the melted mixture in your dough
5. Roll into a ball and place on a line baking sheet
6. Flatted your ball into a 1/2 inch thick mound. Using a knife, slice into 8 slices
7. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown
8. Allow to cool before lifting each slice
* Serving with a side of our sugar free whipped vanilla frosting for bonus points.
Enjoy with a mug of hot tea or coffee