June 21, 2019
From Deana Karim
Have you been missing those light and fluffy crepes of your dreams? Say no more!
Good Dee's is flipping (wink) out over our crepe recipe. Low carb, sugar free crepes? It's a real thing.
Enough of the chit chat, here's the recipe.
Here's what you'll need:
1 Good Dee's Pancake Mix (1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum
1 cup water
1/4 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon - 1 teaspoon confectioners sugar replacement
+ reserve 2 additional tablespoons of heavy cream to thin if needed.
1. In a mixing bowl, mix your dry mix, xanthin gum, confectioners sugar until combined.
2. Add in your cream, egg, vanilla and mix thoroughly with a whisk. Slowly add your cup of water. This will take some effort to ensure the gum is evenly distributed. Mix until smooth.
3. The texture should resemble a watery pancake mix, easily pourable and spreadable. If you are questioning if it's thin enough, add your extra 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
4. Heat your non stick pan or skillet on level 3.
5. Using a measuring cup or spoon, pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter on your heated pan. Using a spoon or spatula, spread your batter thin like glue to your desired size. *the thinner the layer the thinner the crepe.
6. Allow to cook until it's easy to slide a spatula under to flip. If it starts to bunch up or break apart...it's not ready. * this will not bubble like a pancake.
7. Cook on each side for 4-6 minutes or until easily flipped. The first one will look like a disaster...that's ok! Repeat until batter is finished.
Makes 6-8 servings.
Fill with all your favorites and go crepen crazy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.