Butter Pecan Carrot Cake
Butter pecan embodies everything you need in a cake. I find myself trying to incorporate this combo in any way possible. I had to pair it with our new carrot muffin and cake mix. I absolutely love the combination of the butter pecan mixture with our subtly sweet carrot flavor. We used carrot shreds in our dry mix and when they soften and bake, you can taste the fresh carrot. What better to top than with a crisp, aromatic pecan topping.
If you're looking for a quick but beautifully easy recipe. This is it! Low carb, sugar free and full of flavor.
Here's what you'll need:
Good Dee’s Butter Pecan Carrot Cake
1 Good Dee’s Carrot Muffin mix (plus ingredients as directed on back of package)
1 cup chopped pecans
½ cup unsalted butter
4 tablespoons golden brown sugar replacement
- Preheat your oven to 350°
- In a medium saucepan, heat your butter until melted. Add in your chopped pecans and stir thoroughly.
- Once your pecans have toasted and browned, add in your sweetener and remove from heat.
- Prepare your mix as directed with recommended ingredients.
- In a bundt pan or cake pan, add in half of your butter pecan mixture and spread evenly.
- Add in your batter and top with remaining butter pecan mixture.
- Bake as directed on back of mix or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Flip your bundt pan onto a serving tray and slice with your beautifully toasted topping.
*For added texture and taste – you can fold in your butter pecan mixture into the batter and bake. I prefer a crispy, sweet crust with my cake.