Good Dee's Vanilla Pound Cake
Who doesn't miss pound cake? Most of us on our low carb journey have sworn off ever speaking the name pound cake in fear it might just end up in our mouth. Well, we have figured it out for you. We took our corn free bread mix and put a sweet twist on it.
This recipe is EXACTLY like traditional pound cake. You can take this recipe to the next level and even toast the slices and top with cinnamon and syrup for a quick french toast. I'd call that a win win situation!
Here's what you'll need:
Good Dee’s Vanilla Pound Cake
1 8 ounce package of softened cream cheese
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract or fresh vanilla
1 tablespoon of brown sugar replacement
½ cup of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, add in your eggs, vanilla, brown sugar replacement, butter and cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in entire bag of Good Dee’s corn free bread mix until empty and mix until smooth.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in your batter.
- Bake for 40-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and remove from loaf pan, allow to cool for an additional 10 minutes before icing.
Good Dee’s Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8 oz. package of room temperature cream cheese
4 tablespoons of unsalted room temperature butter
¼ cup granular erythritol
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of heavy cream
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and erythritol. Mix ingredients using an electric mixer.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of heavy cream and mix thoroughly.
- Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
Combine until smooth