November 13, 2019
From Jena Pitman
Who said Corn (free) Bread had to be boring?? Have you been begging grandma to spice up her cornbread with some jalapenos? Get your oven ready to show off some bacon skills. This recipe is so easy to make but looks intimidating to the untrained eye. You don't even have to fry the bacon. What a time to be alive.
Sticking to low carb/keto for the holidays? Good for you. Us too! We took our cornbread mix and layered it with bacon and cheese...this slice of glory will even have non keto eaters drooling. Pass the bacon!....seriously. Pass it.
Be sure to tag us on social media @gooddeesmix. We love doing keto with friends.
Need a step by step video? Check out our IGTV @gooddeesmix on Instagram.
Here's what you'll need:
1 Good Dee's Corn free Bread mix
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
10 strips of raw bacon (diced and cooked) or precooked bacon
8 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
8x4x2 loaf pan
Chopped parsley (garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a mixing bowl, mix your corn free bread mix, ACV, eggs and butter until combined.
3. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with non stick spray. * I like to spray it with non stock before adding liner so it sticks and wont move after pouring.
4. Pour half of your batter and add a layer of bacon and cheese until covered.
5. Add another layer of batter and repeat.
6. Add extra cheese on top if you're feeling cheesy!
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool slightly and cut while warm if serving right away.
* Serving platter for a party, cut your slices once completely cool and pop in the microwave before your guests arrive to remelt the cheese. Top with chopped parsley for garnish.
December 20, 2019
I picked your name up on Pinterest, and it came right to you site. So thanks for your posting. I am new at this, so any help is very happy with. The question I came up with yesterday, anew corn tortillas from the store okay, or do you have to make your own? Thanks again.
Comments will be approved before showing up.