Good Dee's Blueberry Sauced Waffles
It doesn’t have to be Sunday for you to enjoy a batch of waffles. Waffles make a great dinner, dessert or post workout treat. The best part about Good Dee’s mixes is the versatility. You can really transform each mix into something completely different.
For this recipe, we used our Good Dee’s Pancake mix. We wanted to keep it relatively traditional but add a super amazing blueberry sauce on top. Our Good Dee’s Blueberry sauce is incredible. You will want to make it all the time.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Good Dee’s Blueberry Sauced Waffles
⅓cup of heavy cream or milk
2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 waffle iron
Blueberry Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries (or double the blueberry)
¼ cup of monkfruit granular sweetener
2 tablespoons of butter
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
¼ cup of swerve confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon of water as needed
Blueberry Sauce Directions:
- In a saucepan, heat your berries, butter and vanilla on medium to low heat.
- Once the blueberries have softened, add in your remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Allow to simmer on low for 4-5 minutes.
- Adjust your sweetener to taste and remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add in all of your dry and wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Heat your waffle iron and coat with nonstick spray if necessary.
- Pour your batter on the iron until coated and cook as directed.
- Repeat step 3 until all batter is used.
Top your warm waffles with your Good Dee’s Blueberry Sauce and Enjoy!
ANITA MITAL — 10:38 AM
Made these this morning! So yummy!! Added a little almond extract and 2 tblspns sour cream. Turned out delicious!! I did not make the blueberry sauce..which sounded delicious!!