Good Dee's Ghost Cupcakes + Easy DIY Cracked Eyeballs
Halloween is near! Don't let all those bowls of candy trick you into a sugar coma. We've been attending all the Halloween parties and we have yet to give in to those cravings. Being prepared is key.
This quick recipe will not only give you a dish to take but also double as a sugar free treat you can enjoy.
Hosting on a budget? Save those egg shells from baking and we'll show you a quick trick on how to turn those shells into spooky, scary broken eye balls.
Here's what you'll need:
1 Good Dee's Yellow Cake Mix (prepare as directed using a muffin tin)
1 jar of Good Dee's Whipped Vanilla Frosting
1 package of edible candy eyeballs (not for eating)
1 package of your favorite muffin liners - we used black and white
Organic red food coloring
1. Bake the cake mix as directed (use muffin tray), reserve the cracked egg shells. Once baked, allow the cupcakes to cool (20-25 minutes).
2. Using a spoon or spatula - spread 1-1.5 tablespoons of frosting on each cupcake.
3. Add your candy eyes in different places and leave excess on the table for decor.
4. Rinse and dry the cracked egg shells, place 1 half shell in an empty muffin liner and squeeze a few drops of food coloring on each. As they dry, they will turn red, purple and blue. You can make crazy designs or keep it as is.
5. Set your table with your cupcakes and candy eyes. Add the half shells around to give a spooky touch.
Enjoy this quick and easy HalloDee's tip.