January 20, 2020
From Jena Pitman
There is a certain warmth about a slice of warm, buttery banana bread. It just doesn't compete with faux banana flavoring. The head chef Deana Karim at Good Dee's supports ALL lifestyles. Dairy free is one request that we have received numerous times. Whether you don't have eggs on hand, have a dairy allergy or just trying to cut back on animal products, we hear you! We want all the sweet things too. WARNING: Our mix does have egg white powder.
If you missed it, Good Dee's launched it's first Multi-Purpose Bread Mix and I put it to the test. Could I make a low carb, low sugar, egg free banana bread? Sure why not! This perfect loaf is a dupe of that sweet square you can buy at your not so local coffee chain. It's incredible.
Here's what you'll need:
1 Good Dee's Multi Purpose Bread Mix
2 Bananas (mashed) + 1/2 for decorating
2 teaspoons of granular erythritol or monkfruit
3 tablespoons of your favorite plant based butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 loaf pan (7x9 or smaller)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a mixing bowl, mash your bananas with all your might. Your mash should be liquid-y and very little clumps. Add your sweetener to help the process
3. Add in your baking mix + enclosed yeast packet along with all your other ingredients and mix well
4. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper and pour in your batter
5. If you love a presentation, cut half of another banana long ways and gently place on top of your batter, lightly pressing into your batter but not submerging
6. Bake for 20 minutes and move to the bottom rack for an additional 9-12 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
Allow to cool before slicing and enjoy! This is one of my favorites.
From Jena Pitman
September 13, 2022
Comments will be approved before showing up.